I have a few short thoughts today. No 1000 word dissertations on nonsense I’ve seen:
1) Martin Luther King Jr (MLK) was a socialist
2) MLK was not a passive, color-blind reverend from the south
3) He was an activist. He made demands.
4) He spoke out against the Vietnam War. Vehemently.
5) He was assassinated by the U.S. Government.
6) He would support BLM today. I believe that.
7) He would not say “All Lives Matter”.
8) He had much more to say than “I have a dream…”
9) Quoting that small portion of his speech to use for your agenda is disingenuous and ahistorical.
10) Even if he was a soft spoken weak pacifist, all of his beliefs are not universally bestowed on all black people. He isn’t our Jesus.
11) Happy Belated Birthday to an important figure in my and our history as Americans.
“No apology, I walk with a boulder on my shoulder, it’s a Cold War – I’m a colder soldier, hold the same fight that made Martin Luther the King.”
-Common, I Have a Dream